With exam time just around the corner, now is the time to begin to think positively about that upcoming exam and how you will perform.
Imagine you are in the exam hall. You are totally focused on your paper. You make little notations down the side of your paper as the right ideas pop into your head. Begin to think positively about the exam.
Remember as you think, your subconscious processes and stores what you think. Consider Hypnotherapy NLP/coaching as an additional strategy in preparing for your exams.If you want to succeed in exams, here are some top tips to prepare
- Read any of Tony Buzan’s books on study. Check out his website http://www.tonybuzan.com
- Do mindmaps of each subject on one sheet in colour and review often
- Use coloured pencils/markers when studying as colour positively affects the brain.
- Every half hour take a five minute break, go outside and get some fresh air and/or do some form of exercise for five minutes – even running up and down the stairs!
- Think of a time when you were easily able to learn something rapidly. What do you do then?
- Plan time to have a “pretend exam” at home. Get the past papers of what you are studying and time yourself sitting your exam. Check out www.http://www.pomodorotechnique.com/timer
- Feed your brain with the right food. Eat a good healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. Drink lots of fruit during the day. You use a lot of mental energy when studying so eating correctly is vital. If you need additional vitamins, check out what would be best for you.
- Listen to relaxation CD’s at bedtime specifically for exam success (personalised is better for your specific needs)
Hypnotherapy/NLP/Coaching for exam stress:
If you want to reduce the exam stress, why not have a hypnotherapy/nlp/coaching session. Relax unwind, relieve the stress, get some useful strategies and plan for success in your exams.
Do you need help?
My latest client for coping with exam stress said “the last two days have been the most productive in months and I am well on track now, I know it, I feel it”. If you or a friend need help, my contact details are right here on the website.